Bacon Shrimp Corn Chowder is a creamy soup with tender shrimp, crispy bacon, and sweet corn kernels that create a perfect harmony of flavors. This recipe has been around for centuries and has become a popular dish, especially during the winter months. Bacon Shrimp Corn Chowder is perfect for those who are looking for a hearty, warm, and comforting meal.
Ingredients For Making Shrimp Corn Chowder
For making Shrimp Corn Chowder, you would need
- Fresh Corn
- Herb and seasoning
- Salt & Pepper – as per taste and tolerance
I have not used any potatoes. The roux and cream are enough to thicken the soup. You can use frozen corn and shrimp in this recipe as well.
Steps To Make Shrimp Corn Chowder
- Start with cooking bacon pieces. Let it cook until crispy. Keep aside cooked bacon. Discard any extra fat from the pan.
- To the same pan add butter, followed by chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook till the raw smell is gone and the onion has softened.
- Stir in the flour. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly add half of the stock and continue stirring with a spatula with the other hand to avoid any lumps.
- The mixture will start to thicken fast, pour in the rest of the stock, and keep stirring until there are no lumps. let it come to a slight boil.
- Stir in corn kernels, Shrimp, herbs, and seasoning. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream and crispy bacon. And switch off the flame.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Tips to Make Perfect Shrimp Corn Chowder
- To make it more flavorful, use fresh corn kernels.
- Use high-quality bacon to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- Serve it with a piece of crusty bread or oyster crackers to make it more filling.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 322mg | Sodium: 1002mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1125IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3mg