If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy meal that’s also easy to prepare, look no further than salmon in roasted pepper sauce. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to put a satisfying dinner on the table without spending hours in the kitchen.
The key to this recipe is the roasted pepper sauce, which gives the salmon a bold and tangy flavor that’s hard to resist. To make the sauce, you’ll need just a few ingredients, including roasted red peppers, garlic, and a touch of cream. The salmon is then seared in a pan until it’s perfectly cooked and topped with the flavorful sauce.
Not only is this dish delicious but it’s also packed with nutrients. Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health. Plus, the roasted peppers provide a boost of vitamin C and other antioxidants.
Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just looking for a healthy meal to enjoy at home, salmon in roasted pepper sauce is sure to impress. So grab your apron and get ready to make a meal that’s both tasty and good for you!
|Prep time: 5 mins||Cook time: 20 mins||Total time: 25 mins||Course: main course|
|Cuisine: American||Servings: 2 servings||Calories: 527 kcal|
- 2 salmon fillets skin on (about 1 lb.)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 4 oz. roasted red peppers diced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup Half & Half or heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon fillets flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add butter and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, add the roasted peppers, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add Half & Half, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Return the salmon to the pan and spoon the sauce over each filet.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or steamed vegetables.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 2345mg | Potassium: 1389mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7310IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 324mg | Iron: 4mg