Are you tired of the same old meat dishes? Are you looking for something new and exciting to add to your recipe collection? Look no further than this delicious roast pork with apples and cider recipe! This mouth-watering dish is perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a fancy dinner party.
The Flavorful Combination of Pork, Apples, and Cider
This recipe is a perfect blend of savory and sweet flavors. The juicy pork is seasoned with herbs and spices, while the apples and cider add a touch of sweetness that perfectly complements the pork. The result is a dish that is bursting with flavor and sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Simple and Easy-to-Make Recipe
One of the best things about this recipe is how simple and easy it is to make. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a delicious and impressive meal on the table. Even if you’re not an experienced cook, you can still impress your guests with this dish.
Perfect for Any Occasion
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to treat your family to a delicious meal, this roast pork with apples and cider recipe are perfect for any occasion. It’s versatile enough to be served with a variety of sides, from roasted vegetables to mashed potatoes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any apples or cider you might have on hand.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Ingredients of Roast Pork with Apples and Cider
- 2.5kg boneless pork leg roast
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g shallots, peeled
- 350ml apple cider
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 large apples, peeled and cut into wedges
Instruction for Making Roast Pork with Apples and Cider
- Preheat oven to 220C. Pat pork with paper towel. Score rind with a sharp knife and them place pork in a large baking dish. Rub pork with oil and then sprinkle with salt. Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes until the rind is golden and crackled.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180C and add the shallots to the pan along with the cider and chicken stock. Cover with foil and cook for 2 ½ hours. Remove the foil and add the apples before returning to the oven for another 30 minutes or until the apples are just tender.
- Remove the pork, shallots and apples from the pan and place on a plate and cover with foil. Put the baking dish with the pan juices over a high heat and bring to the boil. When boiling reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens slightly. Slice the pork and serve with shallots, apples, your choice of vegetables and drizzle with the sauce.
Tips for Making the Perfect Roast Pork with Apples and Cider
To make sure your roast pork with apples and cider turns out perfectly every time, be sure to follow these tips:
- Choose a good quality pork roast for the best flavor.
- Don’t be afraid to season your pork generously with herbs and spices.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure your pork is cooked to the correct temperature.
- Be sure to let your pork rest for a few minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.