Grilled portobello mushrooms are a fantastic way to bring out their natural flavors and create a savory, smoky taste. Whether you’re grilling them as a main dish or adding them to salads, sandwiches, or pasta, you’ll be amazed at how versatile they are.
In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know to grill the perfect portobello mushroom, from selecting the right mushrooms to preparing and seasoning them for the grill. We’ll also share some of our favorite recipes and tips for serving them up in delicious and creative ways.
So, whether you’re a seasoned griller or a novice in the kitchen, grab your apron and get ready to master the art of grilling portobello mushrooms!
|Prep time: 10 mins||Cook time: 15 mins||Total time: 25 mins||Course: side dish|
|Cuisine: American||Servings: 4 mushrooms||Calories: 110 kcal|
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- ⅓ tsp. salt or to taste
- Gently wash the portobellos and pat them dry with paper towels. Remove the stems and carefully pierce the mushrooms all around with a fork.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Spoon the marinade over the mushrooms until they are covered and then let them rest for 10-15 minutes so it can be absorbed.
- Place the mushrooms, gill side up, on the grill pan. Grill for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms and grill for about 4-5 minutes, brushing them with marinade drippings, if desired.
GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE’S NOTES
HOW TO SERVE AND REHEAT
These Grilled Portobello Mushrooms are best eaten the day they are made, but they can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just place them in an airtight container until you’re ready to warm and serve them. To reheat, place the mushrooms either in a microwave-safe bowl to heat or back on the grill until warmed through.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
5 SMART TIPS HOW TO SELECT THE RIGHT MUSHROOMS
When it comes to mushrooms, there are a few key things to keep in mind. Here are 5 essentials key to selecting the right mushrooms
- Choose fresh portobello mushrooms that are firm to the touch, with no signs of discoloration or sliminess.
- Look for mature portobello mushrooms with dark gills underneath the cap for a more intense flavor.
- Consider the size of the portobello mushrooms, with larger ones being perfect for grilling or stuffing, and smaller ones working well in sautés and sauces.
- Check for a strong, earthy aroma to ensure freshness and quality.
- Consider purchasing locally grown portobello mushrooms for the freshest and highest quality product.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to confidently select the perfect portobello mushrooms for your recipes and create dishes that are sure to impress.