Are you looking for a fancy and delicious dish to impress your dinner guests or that special someone? Look no further than Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom Sauce. This luxurious meal is perfect for special occasions, date nights, or any time you want to indulge in a delicious and elegant dinner.
Filet Mignon is a tender and flavorful cut of beef that is typically reserved for special occasions. Paired with a rich and savory Portobello Mushroom Sauce, this dish is a true feast for the senses. The earthy and meaty flavors of the mushrooms perfectly complement the mild, buttery taste of the Filet Mignon, creating a mouth-watering combination that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps of making this delicious dish, from choosing the best ingredients to cooking the perfect Filet Mignon and making the Portobello Mushroom Sauce. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, our easy-to-follow instructions and helpful tips will ensure that your Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom Sauce turns out perfectly every time.
So, let’s get started and prepare to impress your taste buds and your dinner guests with this delicious and sophisticated meal.
Ingredients needed for Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom Sauce
To make Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom Sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
For the Filet:
- 4 filet mignons, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup brandy or white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions For Making Perfect Filet Mignon with Portobello Mushroom Sauce
For the Filet:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Place fillets on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (62°C).
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Sear in a hot pan or skillet to seal in the juices. This reverse sear method will keep the steak moist, adding more depth to the flavor and texture of the mushroom sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom of choice, and shallots, and cook until mushrooms are softened about 5 minutes.
- Add brandy or white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream to the pan. Simmer until slightly thickened and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce is cooked, slice and plate the steak and pour the mushroom sauce over the tender pieces of steak.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Notes
Add fresh herbs such as parsley or rosemary to the filet mignon for a different flavor profile. You may also use flavored olive oil such as garlic or lemon to flavor the filets. If you don’t have a single preference for mushrooms, you can combine several types for more texture and flavor.