If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make a delicious and healthy dinner, look no further than this Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon recipe. Not only is salmon rich in omega-3 fatty acids, but it’s also a versatile fish that can be cooked in a variety of ways.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a sweet and savory brown sugar glaze that will perfectly complement the tender and juicy salmon fillets. The glaze is made with brown sugar, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and grated ginger, giving the salmon a complex and flavorful taste.
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the glaze and cook the salmon, and you can even make the glaze ahead of time to save even more time.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So grab your apron and get ready to make a delicious and healthy meal that everyone will love!
How to Make Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this sweet and tangy salmon recipe is an easy weeknight meal that will quickly have everyone coming back for seconds.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 Serves
FOR THE SALMON
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 (4 to 6 ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
FOR THE SALMON
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side up. (SEE MY NOTES)
Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked about three-quarters of the way through.
Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes.
In the meantime prepare the BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
In a mixing bowl combine melted coconut oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, and fresh ground black pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
Once the fish has cooked on both sides, lower the heat to medium and add the brown sugar glaze to the pan.
Swirl it around and cook for 1 minute, or until it starts to thicken, flipping each fillet around to coat.
Remove from heat.
Garnish with cilantro/parsley and green onions; serve.
Tips to make this Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon recipe perfect and delicious:
- Make sure to use fresh salmon fillets for the best flavor and texture.
- To get a nice crispy skin, make sure the skillet is hot before adding the salmon fillets.
- When brushing the brown sugar glaze over the salmon, be generous and make sure to coat it well. This will ensure a delicious caramelized glaze on top.
- Don’t overcook the salmon. It’s best to take it out of the oven a little early and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. The residual heat will continue to cook the salmon while it rests.
- Serve the salmon with your favorite sides, such as steamed vegetables, rice, or a salad.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.